1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
juice from half a lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp nama shoyu (may substitute with tamari or soy sauce)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1) Combine cashews and nutritional yeast in processor until they become like powder then set aside.
2) Mix the remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
3) Remove stems and chop kale into bite-size pieces and massage it into the liquid dressing from step 2.
4) Sprinkle powder from step 1 a bit at a time and continue to massage it into the kale mix.
5) DEHYDRATE AT 115 degrees for approx 6 hrs - or until they are crispy (and delicious!!)* I use dehydrator at 115 degrees so they are still considered a ‘raw food’ i.e. they have not lost nutrients during cooking.
** If using conventional oven, make sure it is at lowest possible temperature. (We put the oven 200 degrees and it took about an hour and a half)
TIP: Make sure the kale is spread out and not touching too much and keep an eye on them to make sure they are cooking properly.